Friday, September 24, 2010

Quick update

I feel bad for not upadting sooner. Just wanted to say I've been doing well - getting out of the bed a lot more, building up muscle mass in my legs! Just being able to do a few things out of the bed perks me up so much! There are still days where I don't get out of the bed - today being one of them - but I feel I'm improving slowly but surely.

The bad thing about these diseases is that once you start feeling stronger there's always another disease you need to hit! So, since I'm tolerating the Gentamicin IVs so well we started me on the supplements Para Cleanse and Colon Booster. I know it sounds weird to say I'm killing off parasites in my body, but did you know over 80% of people have some sort of intestinal parasite? Most of those people never even know they have them because their immune systems can handle things like that. But, when you put parasites with other illnesses that weaken your immune system there is a problem. So the past week or so has been difficult. The toxin level in my body has risen due to the die off of some of the parasites. Pair that with the toxins from killing off the other diseases with the IV anitbiotic and you get someone who's very tired and weak feeling. I force myself to get up and do things some days, but some days I simply can't. I also know I push myself way too much some days, and that ends up with me in the bed for a few days. BUT, it's a signal of SO much progress that there are days when I CAN push myself. Before I may have had the desire, but not the physical ability to get up and do anything. I am improving, it's just a slow process.

I don't know if I ever mentioned this on here but I have daily fevers. I've had a fever every single day since March. Most days they go anywhere from an elevated temperature 99.5 or so up to 101 degrees. However, since my normal body temperature is low (usually 96.8) even going to 99.5 is hard. I've been seeing some improvement in the fevers lately. They haven't gone away, but they aren't going as high every day. That's a really good sign. But, if you want to know what a "good day" is for me, imagine having the flu, mono, a fever, and a stomach bug all at the same time - well, you get the idea...haha. The Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia, etc. take such a toll on me that a good day is when I feel "half-way sick" but I am improving and I am praying that soon my good days will actually be closer to what healthy people's good days feel like!

I'm working on another post but God's not done letting me know what to say. So, in the meantime, I figured I would let you know what's going on with me health wise. I'm improving, I'm still fighting, and I'm still in need of prayers to get through all of this. I appreciate each and every one of them!

"God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so tht you may be able to endure it." 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NRSV)

He has not tested me beyond my strength, He has provided relief to me, He has carried me through these things, He is faithful and will provide a way out for me. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.

Much love to you all-
K

No comments: