Thursday, August 6, 2009

Seriously???

Okay, I knew I was feeling really rough after surgery. I knew I was having horrible aches and pains and for good reason - I had been through some serious pain and then been cut on. But there's more reason than I knew for all of these things!

Mom went by the treatment clinic this morning to pick up some prescriptions and my last blood work up shows that I am dealing with an active case of the flu again! Influenza A is the culprit I believe. I kind of laughed and just thought, "SERIOUSLY???" So I'm starting more Relenza today (an inhaled medication so no tummy side effects) and will be on that for 15 days to see if we can kick this flu to the curb for good this time.

I have to laugh at things like this because well, I guess I just have an irreverant sense of humor & if I couldn't laugh over all of this I might lose even more of my mind - ha! I'm still having a good bit of pain from the surgery but it is starting to ease off slightly and I'm keeping on top of my pain meds - not skipping ANY doses for now. If the pain starts up it is harder to try to get it to ease off than with the pain meds. If you take pain meds at the instructed times, even if you aren't in bad pain right then, it will keep the pain from ever starting up. Tomorrow I will start to ease off the pain meds and see how things go from there.

So, pray that as my incisions heal that I will feel stronger and that the flu won't keep me down longer than I should be. Well, actually - you just pray whatever you feel led to pray or just pray that God's will be done in all of these situations. I'm just laying everything at God's feet - my illnesses, my recuperation from surgery, my mental state, my exhaustion, my worries, simply put - just EVERYTHING! I hand it all over to Him and keep my mind focused on what He wants me to be doing right now (resting, reading, praying, etc.) and how He wants me to handle each of these obstacles. I just pray for Him to give me strength to get me through today and I try hard to remember not to worry about tomorrow because He goes ahead of me in all things.

I'm sharing a verse today that my sweet cousin, Kate (but I will always call her Katie), sent me in a message yesterday:

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18

I'm dealing with some spirt-crushing, heart-breaking things, but I give God the glory because I don't feel like I am brokenhearted or crushed in spirit and I know that's because God is carrying those weights for me right now! Because He is carrying that load for me, I can sit here and giggle just a little over having the flu AGAIN and having to hear that news 3 days after surgery. If God wasn't holding me in His loving arms right now I'd be crying - not laughing. Thank you Lord for all you do for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you have the flu. But, hey. At least you can lay there and be "loopy" while you have the flu. hahaha
I am praying that the Lord will send a very speedy recovery your way. Also sending great big hugs from me, Lindy, Grayson and John Wesley. I love you very much!

Stacye