Sunday, July 5, 2009

No more breaks

So, after my excitement about having 3 whole days off of treatment I realized something. I don't like being off of treatment. It's just like 1 more day that I'm out here. I am still exhausted and don't feel like doing anything anyway, so why not be sitting in my treatment chair twice a day anyway. I guess that's good to know though. To know I am so anxious to get well that I don't really want a break from it all. I would rather just keep on trucking through!

Now, tomorrow morning I have my first meeting with the doctor since I started the IV treatments and supplements, etc. I expect this to be a meeting where she discusses any lab work that has come in over the past few weeks. A lot of the labs take close to a month to get results. I doubt she will be able to tell me anything about how my body is responding to treatment yet because it's just too soon to tell. I'm just hoping that I will get a clearer picture of everything that my body is battling. I mean, we know Bartonella, Lyme, Influenza A & B, coxsackie virus, strep, mono, and some issues with my pancreas apparently. But believe me - this doctor has such a great reputation because she literally tests you for everything under the sun! I'm really interested in finding out what all might have come in.

However, her meetings are so informative that I have to bring a digital voice recorder or I miss half of what she says. Depending on how tomorrow goes I may be able to update on here and let you all in on what I've learned, but it may be Tuesday before that happens. Sometimes I have to get a good mental grasp on what she's shared with me before I can explain it all properly (if I ever explain it properly - ha!). But I will definitely let you all know what we find out as soon as I can. M can't be here for this meeting but we think that's for the best because he is a results oriented type A personality and I think he would already be asking, "So just how long will she be needing IV treatments?" even though he knows that is such a loaded question dependent on several factors. First, we need to know everything I am fighting - what all infections are we up against? Second, we have to see how my body responds to the various drugs and supplements. Third, we have to learn if my body's immune system is going to straighten itself out & fight against the bacteria and viruses instead of against me. Lately it's been really fighting me - so like an auto-immune reaction I've had swollen joints, fever, pain, etc. The doctor is trying to bascially reprogram my immune system so it will stop fighting for the "dark side" and start fighting with me!

I so appreciate your concern, thoughts, love and prayers! Mom will be with me in the meeting tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. (right after my IV treatment) so pray that we will understand everything she tells us and if not - that the recorder doesn't fail us :)

God is good and He is on His throne. I trust that whatever we hear tomorrow is just another part of His plan to work in me and through me. We have faith that this journey is leading us in the direction He plans for us to go.

"Without God it is utterly impossible. But with God everything is possible." Mark 10:27 (TLB)

"Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and shield." Psalm 33:20 (NRSV)

"Who shall seperate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Romas 8:35-37 (NIV)

I pray that all of you have a blessed day today. And I'm saying a prayer for a friend's little boy who is having his tonsils out early tomorrow morning. Add him to your list too if you would. It's hard on little ones to go through things like that - and sometimes even harder for the mommas & daddies to see their little ones hurt! Much love to you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for y'all tomorrow. Praying for positive results, understanding, patience, and I know He is holding your hand and your sweet mama's too. I love you both. Saying a little prayer for that sweet little boy. Been there and done 3 different times and it is no fun.

SP

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers... I hope that you have your recorder and get to replay good news...Lots of good news!

AST

Ashley said...

So grateful that GOD has lifted you up and made you such a strong woman. Can't wait to hear (good) results. Will be thinking of you and you are in my prayers; also your friend's son!! It IS hard--but it's worth it. You go girl! Love you!!