Thursday, July 9, 2009

Quick update & a thank you here & there...

Okay, so same ol', same ol' here. Did the colon cleanse yesterday and then called M to say I would never do that again. Today I realize that I will more than likely do that again next week & just suck it up no matter how uncomfortable it is for me. It's a way to rid these toxins out of my belly faster so, I will just endure momentary discomfort and pain for long term gains.

I wanted to thank so many of you who have taken the time to email me, comment on here, or even text me to let me know that you are thinking of me. I've gotten some really sweet cards from family & friends both! I wanted to think Stacye & her 3 little ones for my precious prayer bear they made for me! Also, KBF gets kudos for somehow knowing I needed a proper manicure set while I was here. I had left mine at home!!! I am always in awe of all the people out there who are reminding me every single day that they are praying for me, rooting for me and who take time out of their very busy days to let me know all that! I wanted to send formal thank you notes, most of you know I'm a stationary junkie, but my hand shakes so my writing is not so hot. But do know that with every message, text, email, card, comment, etc. I find myself again thinking like Paul in Ephesians where he says "It was so good of you to share in my troubles" - it is so very good of you all to share in my troubles and it humbles me. I also hate to think of how many times I have probably completely missed out on an opportunity to share in someone else's troubles!

So, the latest news is that M will be returning to me on Thursday the 16th and staying for TWO WHOLE WEEKS leaving on Thursday the 30th. That will give my mom time to get herself home and be with my dad and her little baby dog and I don't know which one will have missed her most...haha. I am sure they both can't wait for her to get back! I will be happy to have M here - never gone this long without seeing his face & I don't do well on the phone right now so we really only talk about 10 minutes or so a day. Longer if I start in on a crying jag...poor M...he has endured so much through all of this! Yet he still says he can't wait to come see his sickly wife and his little dog too! Much love for that man - I married very well, if I do say so myself, and I do :)

Thank you all for being so wonderful and sweet and caring and all those other words that just can't express how grateful I am for every little comment, email, etc. This is a hard road, but you all have made it easier with your constant love and prayer. I can't thank you enough.

I was reading Romans during afternoon treatment today and just ran across this & thought I'd share:

"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in afflication, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need." Romans 12:11 - 13

I think you have done all of that and I only pray to God for continued patience with my affliction, continued spiritual fervor, and continued faithfulness in prayer! Love to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you too!

Stacye