Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Feeling good :)

I cannot begin to describe how good I felt last night after having the IV fluid! M & I even noticed I was talking in my “strong voice” which we haven’t heard in months I don’t believe! For the first time in probably years, I was able to walk from my bed to the kitchen and my heart rate stayed in the 80s!!! I then took my blood pressure while standing and it was….wait for it….it’s amazing….102/65! That was around 10:30 PM and I so HATED having to go to bed when I was feeling good!

But all things pass, and especially in the case of fluid – haha! I was up for a while last night making frequent bathroom visits. By 9:30 this morning my blood pressure was back down to 66/39 and my pulse was 55. That was after being awake for 20 minutes and having a phone conversation!

While I am frustrated to lose that “GOOD FEELING”, I also have to see this as a positive thing. This only confirms that my kidneys are not acting as they should. As I sit here wanting to be depressed about all of it, I must realize that what happened yesterday was truly an answer to prayer. I was able to see what my life might be like if I could hold onto to fluid & that was really awesome. Now, I pray that on THURSDAY (still saying it in monster truck excitement voice – ha) the kidney doctor (aka nephrologist) will be able to figure out what is causing this problem. Dr. G said it could be one of the symptoms of Lyme, or it could be something else.

But I know, that through it ALL, God is GOOD. I have faith in that, not in doctors – although Dr. G is fast becoming a new favorite :)

Hope you all have a good Tuesday!

No comments: