Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm seeing the term "Fill her up" in a whole new light now :)

SO...just got back from getting a liter of IV fluids from Dr. G and WOW! I'm much perkier! My blood pressure was 78/54 before the fluids and a half hour after the fluids I'm up to 91/66!!! I haven't seen it that high in weeks!!

Oh, and some of you know that I have "difficult veins" and sometimes drawing blood or starting an IV is more like an exercise in torture. I sit very still but my veins have a mind of their own! Let me tell you how refreshing it was to have a doctor (yes, doctor - not nurse) look at my veins carefully to size up the situation. Then he found one that looked good and asked, "Do you mind if I pray about this before I stick you? That way if the stick doesn't go well we at least know we asked God for help!" M and I of course agreed and there Dr. G prayed for God to guide that needle in and for these fluids to replenish my body. This way we knew EXACTLY who to thank for this much needed help - God, who is the GREAT physician!!!!

Thanks again for all your prayers :)

No comments: