Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mother's Day gift for me :)

It's Mother's Day and many are having their moms over to eat lunch or dinner or taking them out to restaurants. What am I doing? Well, I'm letting my mother do what she does best - BE A MOM! I am truly so very blessed to have such supportive parents and I thank God for them daily. So, as I type this my dad is watching golf (aka snoozing) on the bed beside me while my mom is in my kitchen cooking fried chicken, black-eyed peas, cream corn, fried okra and (if my sniffer is correct - which lately it's super sensitive so I'm thinking I'm right) homemade cornbread! Happy Mother's Day to me indeed! M is very excited about this "home cooking" and little m is running around like it's his job to keep people out of the kitchen! He loves his "grandmother's" cooking just like his daddy does!

On the medical front, so far I've had 3 doses of the Florinef but there has been no change in my heart rate and my blood pressure is staying around 83/53 when I lie flat. When I stand it goes too low for the monitor to be able to read it. We talk to the doctor again in the morning to let him know how I'm doing so he might change the dosage, who knows. Keep praying that when I talk to the nephrologist's office tomorrow that God will move them to get me an appointment time SOON!!!

Hope you're all enjoying your Mother's Day!!!

2 comments:

Kathy Carter said...

Dad watching golf (aka snoozing) - LOL! Love you!

Anonymous said...

This is a great way to keep us updated :) can't wait to hear what the kidney doctor says! Much love and many prayers, Church