Thursday, May 7, 2009

Work In Progress

That title sums up many things - not just this website or blog or whatever you want to call it. It sums up ME...physically, emotionally and spiritually. I am nothing but a constant work in progress. For those who do not know, I have been battling health problems for years. Chronic health problems I guess you'd say. Through this ongoing battle I have discovered so much. I have come to know my husband better & to say I'm thankful to have M is such an understatement. I have learned that true friends are those who keep on calling, keep on reaching out - even when I myself am withdrawing. I have learned more about myself than I ever thought possible - and that includes the many things I did not really want to know. More important than any of that is how my relationship with God has changed, grown, and morphed into something that is beyond words for me right now.

I will write more later, when my brain is functioning more. But for now, I just want to say thank you for caring enough to want to keep up with me. My health issues (which I will explain in some detail later on) seem to be ever changing and for most of the past 5 months I've been stuck in bed. This is my way of reaching out - my way of keeping my loved ones informed - my way of feeling connected to a world I am unable to get out into very often. However, this is NOT a pity party...not in the least! There are SO MANY OTHERS out there who have it SO MUCH WORSE than I do! I want everyone to know how very aware I am of that fact. But I do not speak for them. I can only speak for me. This is my blog and it's going to be all me - the good, the bad & the ugly :) So, while I always ask for prayers...I NEVER ask to pitied. God is good. He is strong even though I am weak! I am leaning on Him and He will never fail me.

2 comments:

KBF said...

Karen-I am so sorry that things have gotten worse. I am ready for June to hurry up and get here. I will be glad to be able to keep up-to-date on your progress! Karly

momxx3 said...

Hey girl!! Look at you sitting there in your bed still so very pretty. I am praying for you and for Mark. I love you very much! Hope June will hurry up and get here so we can find out what is up with you. Stacye