Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A short one (GASP!)

I figure I have said a lot over the past few days. Of course, if you know me well then you know I could say plenty more, but I won't :)

I just wanted to clarify something. People have written me messages and emails telling me how they admire "my strong faith". I appreciate the messages and the sweet sentiment, but I want everyone to know that this is not MY faith - it's God's strength coming through me when I need it the most. This journey is one that is building my faith, but my faith has a long way to go! I have prayed for this time of trouble to work for His good and it has changed me and I only hope that it will continue to do so in this same way. A "faith stretching experience" as I have heard said. But I don't want anyone to think that this comes from ME. It doesn't - I would somehow mess it up for sure. This strength comes only from GOD and I thank Him for it daily.

Now, just a couple of verses from Isaiah to close with:
"He was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the punishment that made us whole, and by his bruises we are healed." Isaiah 53:5 (NRSV)

"The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your needs in parched places, and make your bones strong." Isaiah 58:11 (NRSV)

I have faith in God's word and in His promises.

No comments: