Monday, May 11, 2009

I love when the LITTLE things (like dr. appts) are so exciting!!!

UPDATE:Dr. G just called & he said he thought it was "amazing" that I was able to get in to see the nephrologist so soon. I told him it was the direct result of A LOT of prayers!!! Also, he's having me come in to his office right before 5:00 so he can administer an IV to give me a liter or two of saline fluid. He's hoping this will help with the blood pressure/cardiac issues. What a wonderful man, and again THANK YOU LORD!!!

ORIGINAL POST:
THURSDAY, THURSDAY, THURSDAY!!! THANK YOU LORD!!! At 1:30 on Thursday I will see the kidney doctor - WHOOHOO!!! Thank you all for your prayers because I KNOW THAT IS HOW I GOT IN SO FAST!!! When I called their office this morning the secretary didn't seem to think "as soon as possible" was going to be anytime soon. However, I called Dr. G's office as I was instructed by the nephrologist's secretary - apparently they have to call for these referral appointments - and asked for them to make the appointment. The sweet lady at Dr. G's office just called back with my appointment time! THANK YOU SCHEDULING PEOPLE!

I am in a lot of pain right now & frustrated & mad & sometimes just ready to cry. I'm sure others might be better than that - but I'm not! I keep trying to be nice to people, but it's hard. Between the pain and my central nervous system being all wonky, it's hard for me to bite my tongue or to try and words things in a nice way. I need to pray more about being sweet to poor M who gets the worst of me. He might not be sick, but he has to do more....he has to be the rock! He does (and continues to do) so much for me! He makes daily sacrifices for me and has done so for the past, well, ever since I've known him. He is the gatherer and bringer of the food, the listener of ranting frustrations, the tear dryer, the working half of our whole. He is the best life partner I could have ever found...wait, scratch that...he is the best life partner that GOD KNEW I WOULD NEED! Again, thank you God for always knowing what I need and for going before me & placing the necessary people in my life!!!

I ask that you all pray for him as you pray for me. He's my teammate in all things & he has not missed a doctor's appointment in at least 2 years. He's amazing, but he is only human and this is VERY HARD on him. As a man, he naturally wants to "fix it" and this is truly OUR LIFE, not just MY sickness or MY problem. We have both been forced to realize that we have no control over our lives - which is hard for us because we both like to feel "in control". But, we've learning, day by day, to drop everything at our Father's feet and to trust that His plan is the only plan we want to be a part of!

I just can't wait until M gets back from his meeting today and I get to tell him THURSDAY, THURSDAY, THURSDAY!!! And I'm so going to try to say it in that "Monster Truck Rally" commercial voice :)

Happy Monday to you all!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.