Monday, June 22, 2009

And today's winner is....

....you guessed it, another lab result came back showing I have another infection. This time the winner is whooping cough. No, seriously, I'm 34 years old and I have whooping cough. So for those at home keeping who are keeping count, the total infections found so far are: Strep, Mono, Influenza A& B, [Editor's note - I forgot to correct myself on the previous spelling of another virus they found - it's the coxsackie virus] & now whooping cough. The various deficiencies so far are: low potassium, low magnesium, and low Vitamin D. And we still have plenty of labs to wait on so who knows what the final total will be??? I'm making light of this because I'm just too tired to face it and cry like I would like to do. So, to me I will laugh until I start coughing...whooping cough that is! See, it all lightens the mood :)

The nurse said they were going to put me on oral Erythromycin (sp?) for the whooping cough when she spoke with M. However, I hadn't mentioned to M that the last time I was on that antibiotic I broke out in hives. So M has put a call in & left her a message to see if there is another drug we could use. I would rather they give me shots or an IV antibiotic that could fix the whooping cough because my stomach cannot handle much more of this. With all the IV drugs and the supplements, the bathroom is almost coming in 1st as the room I spend the most time in. Too much info...I know....sorry but I lost modesty years ago when it comes to my health issues...lol.

Today was a rough morning in treatment and I ran some fever last night so I've been having aching muscles and my joints aren't feeling so fabulous either. I am hoping for a better treatment experience this afternoon. On Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays we get a "Glutathione Push" before starting our IVs. I think this is supposed to help our brains get better oxygen. All I know is it means I have to be there 20 more minutes because it is pushed at a rate of 1cc a minute & the dose is 20 ccs. Even with all my nesting efforts, I still can't find a way to truly make my chair comfortable. I think it's more that my entire body is uncomfortable so I shouldn't blame the chair I guess.

I know I usually close with a Bible verse but I'd like to close by typing out the lyrics to a song that has been playing on my MP3 player almost everyday during treatment. I don't know if this is an original song, but it's on the new cd by Kari Jobe which I highly recommend, btw. LOVE IT! Anyway, the title is "Healer" and to hear her sing it will bring tears to my eyes at times. Here are the lyrics that I cling to in my hard times:

You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease

I trust in You
I trust in You

I believe You're my healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe You're my portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus, You're all I need

You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease

I trust in You
I trust in You

I believe You're my healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe You're my portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus, You're all I need

Nothing is impossible for You
Nothing is impossible for You
Nothing is impossible for You
Nothing is impossible for You

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you!

Stacye