Tuesday, June 9, 2009

We're here!!!

I started to write this entry and then just erased what I had written so far. It was just a paragraph of nothing but petty complaints about how the internet hasn’t been working and we have upstairs neighbors who are noisy. I don’t need to complain and honestly each one of my petty complaints has been fixed by my amazing husband who has run all over town from Wal-Mart to Target trying to make sure I have everything I need. He’s out getting a wire now that will allow me to have internet in my bedroom instead of just in the living room. He went and bought me one of those box fans that make a constant whirring noise to help drown out the bangs and booms from upstairs. I was ready to crawl out of my skin with every sound from up there until I met the neighbors and realized that 2 little boys (one is 4 and one not yet 3) cannot help jumping and running. That’s what little boys do best. It also didn’t hurt that I actually met them and saw how very cute they both are. Also, my toy poodle, little m, loved meeting them. They even tried to do “easy petting” and squealed with delight when little m licked on one of their legs. So, I’m not complaining because in the end I have nothing to complain about. My sweet husband has taken care of it all. You’d be amazed at how much noise a cheap box fan can drown out – ha!

I’m just so glad we planned the trip so that we had this “nothing day” in between getting into town and meeting with the doctor in the morning. Well, it was a nothing day for me, but for M it was a very busy and productive day! He knew I needed a nothing day though. The stimulation from the trip has been difficult and today was kind of a crash from all of that. My blood pressure is staying around 78/50 today and so I am tired and that’s to be expected. But the good news is I AM HERE!!! I am finally here after waiting for so long & I will be in her office TOMORROW! It almost doesn’t seem real. Both M and I have talked about how weird it is to finally get here and be so close to a goal that was months away when we started down this road. We have no idea how tomorrow will go but that doesn’t matter – what matters is we are finally here!

We will be at the clinic tomorrow morning by 8:30 and the appointment is at 9:00. The doctor’s assistant has me set up for labs at 12:30, or immediately following the visit with the doctor. We’re told that could be up to 3 and a half hours or longer depending on what all she wants to go over and what all she feels we need to discuss. Now you know why I’m in KC – I’ve never known a doctor anywhere else that will do a consultation for that long! The only down side being that I cannot eat anything after midnight tonight in case some of the lab work she wants run requires fasting. So, I won’t be able to eat until probably around 2 p.m. or so tomorrow. However, since I haven’t had an appetite in months I figure I’ll be okay. I can handle going without food and it’s worth it because I AM FINALLY HERE!

I brought my calendar up that has a Bible verse for every single day and almost laughed when I saw the verses for today. They aren’t in their entirety, but they definitely get the point across and they just happen to be the exact verses I have been aspiring and clinging to for months:

“I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances…I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:part of verse 11 and verse 13

When I saw those words staring at me from my calendar I realized that He is in control and all I have to do is follow where He leads. M and I are ready to relinquish all of this to Him and to trust in His will for our lives.

Now, for tomorrow I would love it if you could pray for the following things:
1 – That both M and I will be able to remain calm and will be able to express in detail any of the information they might need to help us.
2 – That my brain and my body are able to handle all these things from the consult to the blood work to any other lab works, like x-rays or scans, that might need to be done.
3 – That this doctor and her staff listen and that God will give her the knowledge and insight needed to help me where so many other doctors have failed.

We are putting it all in His hands and I am thankful that He is taking the burden off of me because I didn’t know what to do anymore. I’m going to close with a verse that reminds me of being little. Why? Because it was one of those songs you learned in Sunday school or Vacation Bible School and was so easy to remember and very fun to sing. It used to be that this verse (and the song) only came to mind when I saw a beautiful blue sky or really breathtaking scenery. Lately however I am learning that I should say this verse, or better yet, SING this verse every day that I wake up. Each day we are given is a gift from God – even those days that we often have where all we want to do is just add up all our “petty complaints” like I was so focused on doing earlier. Instead, I am now singing this verse and feeling much more lighthearted now that when I started typing this. That is what God does. I’ve said it before, He reaches me when I write, He holds me when I am still, and He whispers great things to my spirit when I am quiet. And here’s the verse and for those of you who know the song, well, I hope it gets stuck in your head like it just got stuck in mine!!!

“This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:24

Thanks for reading and praying – thank you so much for simply caring!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Praying and wishing all that God can give you tomorrow!!! I love you Karen and with GOS as your helper you have come so far.

Ashley said...

That was "GOD", but you knew:)

Anonymous said...

Dear Jesus, I place my hope and trust in you. I pray you will now strengthen me as you have promised, that I may stand against the enemy (Satan) and his forces of evil. Thank you for renewing my strength, enabling me to soar on wings like the eagles, to run and not grow weary, to walk and not be faint. Lord please be my strength today in keeping my thoughts pure and obedient to Jesus Christ
Rooten for you girlie!!!
Brandie

Anonymous said...

Good one baby! Been praying all day for your meeting with the dr. and for strength, calm, and peace to soak you to the marrow of your bones! Love you!